During the duration of the Novel Corona Virus Pandemic, the Coast Guard Heritage Museum will continue to take action to fully comply with government guidelines and to ensure the safety of our visitors and staff. We ask that everyone coming into the Museum do the following:
· Do not enter the Museum if you are not feeling well.
· Wear an appropriate face covering at all times while in the museum.
· If not preregistered, when entering, provide information needed for contact tracing.
· Comply with social distancing of at least 6 ft from all except those from your own household.
· Enter the Museum through our front door and exit through our rear door.
· Comply with marked one-way traffic patterns and as directed by our docents.
At the Museum, we have taken the following steps to protect the health of our visitors and staff:
· All our staff will wear face masks while visitors are in the Museum.
· Hand sanitizer dispensers are available at the front entrance and at the rear exit.
· A frequently sanitized bathroom is available for your use including for hand washing with a no-touch soap dispenser.
· A log will be maintained to record times during the day when sanitizing of our public facilities are completed.
· A large “sneeze guard” has been installed at our front desk.
· Docent body temperatures will be taken and recorded every morning to ensure no one has a fever.
· As weather permits during the day, most of our windows and doors will remain open to promote good air circulation.
· Our theater will remain closed and docent tours will generally not be offered.
· Audio tours will be offered at no additional charge to our visitors. These hand-held devices will be sanitized after each use.
· Parties are limited to a maximum of six members of the same household.
· Only one party at a time will be allowed in the Front Desk Area.
· Each floor of the Museum is divided into five distinct display areas. Parties may move through these areas at their own pace, but must wait for the party ahead to vacate the next area before proceeding into it.
· No more than 20 visitors will be allowed in the building at any time (<8 people per 1000 sqft). It is unlikely that we will approach this capacity but if it happens, tour start times will be delayed.